PROFILE OF DR. ABUBAKAR MUSA IDI-OGEDE
Dr. Abubakar Musa Idi-Ogede was born in Ilorin in Ilorin West Local Government Area of the Kwara State on the 14th August, 1968. He attended Ilorin Teachers’ College in Ilorin, Kwara State College of Education, Ilorin, University of Ilorin, Federal University of Technology, Minna and Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta. He holds NCE (Biology/chemistry), B.Sc (Biology/Education), M.Tech (Fish Pathology) and Ph.D (Aquaculture with specialization in Toxicology). He is a Senior lecturer in the field of Aquaculture, Fish Health Biology and Fish Toxicology since 2015.
He is a member of several Professional Associations such as Fisheries Society of Nigeria (FISON), Nigerian Environmental Society (NSE), Animal Science Association of Nigeria (ASAN), Teachers’ Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN). Association of Nigerian Authors (ANA). International Research and Development Institute among others.
Before joining University of Ilorin on 5th April, 2018. He has taught in Primary School, and Secondary schools such as in Government Day Secondary School, Otte in Kwara State, Police Secondary School, Minna and Police Girl Secondary School, Akure respectively. He was also Biology lecturer at FCT, College of Education, Zuba-Abuja from 2006 till 2015 where he rose to the rank of Lecturer I. He joined Federal University, Gashua in Yobe State in 2015 as a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Fisheries and Aquaculture.
While in Federal University, Gashua; he served in many Academic and Administrative capacities, such as:
- Member, Academic Board of School of Preliminary Studies
- Member, University Senate
- Chairman, Faculty of Agriculture Strategic Planning Committee
- Member, Academic Board of Faculty of Agriculture
- Member, Faculty of Agriculture; Board of Examiners
- Member, University Teaching and Research Farm Committee
- Member, Faculty of Agriculture: Management Committee
- Supervisor, Technical Staff on Industrial Attachment at River State University of Science and Technology, Port Harcourt (2016).
- Head of Department, Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Chairman, Sub-Committee on take up of Teaching and Research Farm
- Member, Faculty of Agriculture: Committee on External Linkages
- Chairman, Faculty of Agriculture Seminar Committee
- Member, Faculty of Agriculture: TET Fund Research Coordination Committee
- Chairman, University Lecture Monitoring Sub Committee
- Acting Dean, Faculty of Agriculture (Severally)
- Member, Faculty of Agriculture; Post UTME Screening Committee
- Member, Students’ Certificates Verification Committee
- Member, University Local Accreditation Committee
- Member, Faculty of Agriculture Technical Committee on Conferences papers vetting
- Ag. Director, School of Preliminary Studies (Severally)
- Member, Faculty of Agriculture: Committee on Causes of Students’ mass failure
- Member, Faculty of Agriculture: Examination Regulation and Irregularities Committee
- Member, University Central Registration Committee.
He was also Hall Warden to the Male Hostel at Federal University, Gashua (2016-2018).
He has been handling several courses in Aquaculture and Fisheries at Undergraduate level at Federal University, Gashua and University of Ilorin respectively.
He has to his credit a book (Fish Pathology in Perspective) and published articles in both local and international journals. He has attended Conferences, Seminars and Workshops.
Research Interest: Aquaculture, Fish Health Biology and Fish Toxicology.