ADISA, Rashid Solagberu
Department of Agricultural Extension and Rural Development
University of Ilorin, Ilorin, Nigeria
Dr. R. S. Adisa obtained his Doctoral degree from the University of Ilorin in 2009 and has Certificates in Conflict Analysis, and Negotiation and Conflict Management from the United States Institute of Peace in 2010. He joined the Department of Agricultural Extension as Assistant Lecturer and is currently a Reader and the Ag. Head of the Department. Dr Adisa was Sub-Dean of the Faculty of Agriculture and Member of the University Senate (2015-2017). His research interests include Agricultural Extension (collaborations and strategies), rural development, child and youth studies, and natural resource use conflict.
Dr. Adisa is an active member of the following learned professional bodies:
- Member, Association for International Agricultural and Extension Education
- Member, Agricultural Extension Society of Nigeria, AESON,
- Member, Nigerian Rural Sociological Association
- Member, International Association for Conflict Management
- Member, Peace Science Society (International),
- Member, Global Development Network
- Member, Peace and Collaborative Development Network
- Member, National Research and Development Network of Children and Youth in Agriculture Programme (CYIAP-Network)
- Member, Nigeria Participatory Rural Appraisal Network (NIPRANET)
Dr. Adisa is on the Editorial Board of notable scholarly journals, including Journal of Agricultural Research and Development (JARD) and International Journal of Sociology and Anthropology (as Associate Editor). He is the Editor of ‘Rural Development: Contemporary Issues and Practice’.