PROFILE OF PROF. JOHN KOLADE JOSEPH
Prof. Joseph was born at Egbe, Kogi State on 16th March, 1956. He attended Titcombe College Egbe, Federal School of Arts and Science, Sokoto, University of Ilorin and University of Ibadan. He holds the following Degrees: B.Sc. (Biochemistry), M.Sc. (Food Tech.), Ph.D (Food Tech.) MBA. (Strategic Planning) and M.A. (Peace Development). He is a Professor of Food Science and Technology (since 2009).
He is a member of twelve Professional Associations and Fellow in two of them. He is a Chartered Public (Chemical) Analyst of Nigeria (IPAN) and a Chartered Mediator (ICMC).
Before joining University of Ilorin on 3rd April, 1987. He taught in three secondary school (Holy Saviours College Isolo, Lagos, Eleyele High School, Ibadan and Mount Carmel College, Ilorin). He was a Visiting Scholar (on Sabbatical) at University of Ibadan from 1999-2001.
He has served the University in various capacities. He served on over one hundred and fifty committees/boards and chaired thirty of them. Recently and currently he chaired the following committees:
- Departmental Committee on Establishment of Postgraduate Programmes in the Department of Home Economics and Food Science
- Council Committee on the formulation of a new Regime of Allowances for Principal Officers and Council Members.
- Faculty of Agriculture’s Committee on the creation of New Departments.
- University of Ilorin 40th Anniversary Luncheon Committee
- Committee of Postgraduate School on a new Postgraduate School building complex
- Committee of Postgraduate School on formulating payments for postgraduate teachings
- Faculty of Agriculture’s Committee on Research Exhibition
- Faculty of Agriculture’s Committee on measures to secure Accreditation for the Faculty.
Member of Editorial Boards and Editor of two Journals (Agro search and Centre point). Member of Council, University of Ilorin. (2009-2017)
His Administrative Experience is widely spread across Departments to University level. He has headed the following Department/Units/Organization.
- Ag. Head Department of Animal Production.
- Foundation Coordinator. B.Sc. (Ed) Home Economics. Sandwish Programme.
- Foundation Coordinator/ Ag. Head of Deparment of Home Economics and Food Science.
- Sub – Dean, Student’s Affairs.
- Chairman, ASUU, University of Ilorin.
- Foundation Director, Advancement Centre.
- Director, Students Industrial Work Experience Unit (SIWES)
- Foundation Research Manager, Faculty of Agriculture.
Taught several courses at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels at Departments of Animal Production, Home Economics and Food Science, Animal Science (U.I) and Food Technology (U.I), successfully supervised several Projects and Thesis at University of Ilorin and Ibadan.
Internal and External Examiner (Thesis), and Assessor (Professorial promotions) for many Nigerian Universities.
He has to his credit 87 published Journal Articles, 4 Chapters in Edited Books and 13 articles in Edited Book of Proceedings and Newsletters.
He attended o